Tuesday 14 April 2009

Chocolate Truffles


Truffles are bite-sized petit four made with a creamy mixture of chocolate, butter and liqueur.
I usually make them for Easter but also for Christmas and other parties. I hope you like this recipe with portuguese liqueur Tia Maria, they are really creamy and flavoured.

Ingredients:

7 oz (200gr) dark chocolate
31/2 oz (100 gr) butter
31/2 oz (100 gr ) icing sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon Tia Maria Liqueur

Preparation:

Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie, then add the butter and stir continuously until the mix is smooth. Remove from the heat and add the sugar, the egg and the liqueur. Let rest in cold two hours.
With a teaspoon, take small pieces of chocolat and work them quickly with hands to form a ball. Then roll it in cocoa. Let rest in cold again.



5 comments:

  1. These truffles look scrumptious with Tia Maria Liqueur! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love truffles! I've never had tia maria liquer, but I definitely need to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great. And I just love anything with truffles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything CHOCOLATE wow over the top Thanks for sharing. Yummy

    ReplyDelete